Click here for maps and directions
Camphinie is a private, tranquil holiday destination in a restored 18th Century farm house. Located between the Dordogne and Lot Valleys of Les Causses National Heritage region of South West France it gives easy access to some of the most ancient historic and diverse regions of France.
- 110kms from Toulouse Blagnac Airport and 15min’s from the A20 Autoroute Exit 56;
- Labastide Murat (3½ kms) nearest village an easy bike ride has well stocked supermarket, boulangerie, papeterie; Cahors 34kms large (ancient Roman) town located on the Lot River
- Region steeped in history with many activities such as boating on the Dordogne River, cycling.
- Surrounded by the historic villages of St Cirque Lapopee, Rocamadour, Sarlat le Canada and Gourdon to name a few.
Click here for further details regarding local Villages and their amenities and for interesting features of the Region.
Click Accommodation and also Click Gallery for a series of photo’s
Built on 3 levels and partly excavated into the hillside the house comprises
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms/WC’s
- Study/library with a sleeper-couch which can serve as a 4th bedroom
Each bedroom with large double bed (160cm’s), some of which split into separate beds.
- Open plan fully equipped, modern kitchen with 5 hob Rossiere hob and oven and large 8 seater dining room table.
- Sitting room facing onto enormous original working fireplace.
- Large glass doors open onto an 80m2 terrace with striking views overlooking deep valleys and hills of the Region
- Built in electric heating throughout.
- Sensitively restored using authentic materials to preserve its farmhouse origins
- Comfortably furnished including all bedding
- Modern fully equipped kitchen, sitting room and dining room combined
- Full length loft with spacious main bedroom, bathroom and study/library
- 2 spacious bathrooms with bath, heated T/Rails, basins, bidets and WC’s.
- Outside private h&c showers with magnificent views over the countryside
- Large original fireplace
- South West facing for maximum sun and numerous windows including dormers and roof lights allow plenty of light
- iPod connection and sound system giving full internet connectivity
- Washing Machine
- Washing line
|April to Oct ||€900 per week*|
* Minimum stay 1 week from Sunday to Friday inclusive. Two week stays preferred. Will offer 10% discount on any stay longer than 10 days.
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 2 weeks before arrival. A damage/breakage security deposit of EUR 200 is payable with the final payment and will be returned in full, less the cost of any damages or breakages within 2 weeks of departure.
Utility costs are included in the quoted price for each week.
Towels, tea towels and all bed-linen are included in the quoted price for each week.
Use of the bicycles is permitted although it is expected that these will be properly treated and maintained in good repair.
Internet access is unlimited and free and can be linked anywhere in the house and in the garden. A printer and scanner is also available.
To book, phone or text David Reid on +27832867936. Alternatively, email your full name and contact details, proposed arrival and departure dates, number expected in party and any other messages to